For the first time, the EPICC network presents the EPICC Student Award for poster presentations at the EPICC student conference. The objectives of this call for submissions are:
- To highlight student education in spiritual care in nursing and midwifery
- To invite input from students to the conference
- To invite students to contribute to the EPICC community
Call for submissions
- Students in nursing and midwifery are invited to submit a poster (in digital form), representing student projects in either:
- an exemplary case of giving spiritual care they have been involved in, or
- an example of a best practice of spiritual care they have been involved in, or
- an innovation project they have been involved in improving or implementing spiritual care in clinical practice.
- Submission must refer explicitly to at least one of the four EPICC competencies for spiritual care in nursing and midwifery and offer supporting evidence or resources using nursing or midwifery’s professional knowledge base.
- As the conference language will be English, posters and pitches must also be prepared in English.
- A committee of EPICC spiritual care experts will select (digital) poster submissions for online display during the conference. Posters will be judged for both the quality of content and for accessibility.
- Students whose posters have been selected will be asked to prepare a two minute video pitch of their poster, to be presented during the conference.
- On the last day of the conference, all participants will be able to cast their vote to select one poster as the winner of the 2021 EPICC Student Award.
- With the honour of winning the first EPICC Student Award comes a certificate, a goodie bag and a prize of €250,=
- All selected posters will be eligible for display on the EPICC website as resources in the nursing and midwifery knowledge base.
- Posters are to be submitted no later than June 1, 2021.
- Students whose posters have been selected for display during the conference and on the EPICC website will receive notice no later than August 1, 2021.
- Students whose posters have been selected will be asked to supply a recorded oral pitch no later than September 1, 2021.
- Send submissions (and other queries) to email@example.com.